Monday, December 5, 2016

Try and Try Again

Our injury changes a lot. Behaviors that we become to know as, "Us" have disappeared for many of us. From sleep patterns to physical challenges. Food no longer seems the same. A lack of enjoyment. Reading is now similar to mowing the lawn on a hot, hot day. Guitars? Sell. Some things I did for better health and mind, meditation and varying exercise? Where did they go?

As I spoke about meditation on my last post, I haven't thrown in the towel. Sometimes having a group helps. The other point of importance that I left unsaid is exercise.

With meditation I hope to begin as a beginner. Exercise, the same. Both with patience. A small sitting each day. No judgement. No expectation.

My exercise has grown little beyond my walk around my roadway. All woods. I enjoy it. When I break off to climb the hill to home through the woods it's good to see tracks and scat, etc... MY plan there is to keep it up no matter what the weather. Work on increasing speed. Maybe a short run ( fifteen yards?) thrown in.

Those two little practices are highly rated for acting as TBI improvement. Aerobic based exercise is just what the brain needs. Equal to the benefits of sleep. The meditation will help calm our thinking into being in the reality of life. Being stuck in always looking backward while struggling with what the future may be, accomplishes nothing but worry, anger and depression.

I'm encouraging myself on while hoping that you as well will not just lie where you do. We should always work on growth. If my focus remains on all the things I used to do and used to enjoy is like missing my childhood. Remember. Have a good laugh or a warmth on heart but it is over. Only a memory.




No comments:

Post a Comment