Thursday, October 6, 2016

Depression - a Gift from Having a TBI

Depression runs through my Family Tree resembling a lone apple tree with fruit that even the birds avoid. My early years were filled with extreme anxiety before I even learned its name. Long reaching to seeing up close the recognition depression in my adult years showed me why lives were lived as they did.

Depression has toyed with me yet rose its head or sunk its roots colored by vibrant anxiety. In hindsight, it worked as a gift if I look how it stopped me from going where family and relatives ventured. But it was horrible none the less. In reading:

 
it helped offer a new way of realization. In later years with the addition of learning meditation my apple ripened.

In experiencing a traumatic brain injury things do change. The apple began to turn rotten on the tree. Things I did and/or used and/or experienced to shine the apple have gone.

That is why help is needed. Medication, therapy and supports have helped me from falling off the tree to only rot on the ground. Stick with me! It is work.

No comments:

Post a Comment