Thursday, April 21, 2016

Different is well, Different!

Having worked in positions whereby I gave direction and encouragement and help set the path, much has not changed. It's my misjudgment because I sometimes drag it from where it was into our world of living with Brain Injury.

Those who have worked with me or for me or as clients or children is a formative position. In TBI there are similarities drawn from narratives and physician's conclusion but we are all different people. I can share and hope that something may be helpful but that is your call and not mine. I do hope to encourage yet this is based on my path and what I have seen and experience.

Cognitive skills are different from what we had confidence in. Physical abilities have also gone awry. Psychological steadiness is much like vinegar and oil. It needs to be shaken to be mixed which is never peaceful and quickly separates. As I stated before it's as if our needle has lost its groove.We're trying to find the old groove with balance, steady music and an absence of skipping or rejecting the whole album which we loved and enjoyed.

But is not change natural? The only constant is change. If we spend time of mind fighting change,does it avail? Suffering is suffering and it is a natural extension of life itself. It's not fun being harnessed by our injury. My new level of anxiety and depression and imbalance and pain and confusion and memory loss and etc, etc, etc... due to my head injury. It is unfair and judgmental of me to say such things?
I will be attending Adult Daycare soon. I couldn't drive for the first six months of my injury (10/2014) and I've undergone much therapy. Things are ongoing and not done. Thinking beyond the day adds to what?

No comments:

Post a Comment